Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Which is Better: Online or Traditional?

Two days ago I submitted my first assignment, an annotated bibliography. I must say that I found this to be rather interesting. The topic I chose was online learning vs traditional learning and which method was preferred when pursuing an MBA degree. I literally found TONS of information. But what I didn't find were clear cut articles that actually addressed whether online learning or traditional learning was best.

Is it too early to decide this? I mean online learning, while extremely popular, is still fairly new so maybe there's not enough groundwork to really assess a question like that. Or maybe online learning and traditional learning are both just as effective. It paves way for more in-depth research into the topic. Surely one has to hold an advantage over the other, especially when it comes to the particular program a student enrolls in.

It would be really interesting to do a study on this. I chose the MBA degree initially because I just completed my studies for the program online. But as I was doing my research I found that online MBA programs are very popular. So if I were to do more research on the topic, focusing it on this particular degree would be beneficial.

But I'd go even further to assess if indeed one method (online or traditional) is better/preferred than the other. It certainly makes for interesting discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment